03 Aug Latest News
Details have been received about a grant for local groups to apply for new infrastructure funds.
Link to the information as follows, along with information about the Grant
Please pass this on to anyone in the sporting group that may be interested, as this is funding under a new national 29.7million program being established by the Federal Coalition Government aimed at upgrading community sporting infrastructure:
Supporting small to medium scale projects up to $500,000 to improve local community sports infrastructure which will support greater community participation in sport and physical activity and/or offer safer and more inclusive community sporting hubs.
Community sport infrastructure generates more than $16.2 billion worth of social, health and economic benefits each year, according to a landmark report.
Sport Australia, the Australian Government’s lead agency for sport and physical activity, has released The Value of Community Sport Infrastructure, a report produced in conjunction with KPMG and La Trobe University.
Successful grants will support projects such as:
- Upgrades to playing surfaces, including multi-sport upgrades and resurfacing that support increased use;
- Building, expanding and/or upgrading change rooms, particularly for girls and women and officials’ areas;
- External entry/exit accessible amenities;
- Improved sports lighting and safety lighting, including the installation of solar panels;
- Improvements to the ground and court capacity that support increased use;
- Improvements to spectator amenities; and
- Internal/external amenity uplift.
Three grant streams are available:
- Stream 1 up to $50,000
- Stream 2 $50,001 to $200,000
- Stream 3 $200,001 to $500,000
- Grant open: 2 August 2018
- Grant close: 14 September 2018
- Announcement Period: 1 November 2018 onwards
Secretary, Clarence Town & District Progress Association
Contact – 0400 603403